Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Armani Privé Spring 2009 Couture


Beautiful in a pique weave print.



Another lovely belted suit with a great buckle.

Another thing I'm noticing about these suits is that they're using the princess seam/bust dart combination so often seen in Marfy patterns.



Beautifully cut jacket with great button/loop detail. I love the contrast lining.



A departure from the rest of the jackets, and very nice.



Great pockets.


An interesting lace top.



A nice boxy jacket with contrast collar and lapels, and interesting sleeves.



Dimensional lace embellishment.



Interesting treatment of a print. Detail below.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mardel said...

Some of the Armani's are gorgeous, but somehow the proportions strike me as odd. Is this just me, is Armani off kilter, or is this a trend toward returning to previous silhouettes? If it is a trend, I assume the eye will grow accustomed to it.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Liana said...

The skirts are a lot longer than we've seen for quite a while. There were some unflattering reviews, but mostly about his asian-influenced, extreme shoulders. I didn't care for those either, and didn't post any. I think they're strictly for effect, not wearing.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Connie B said...

Liana, do you mind if I link this blog to the Patternreview RTW and Designer Knockoff contest to give people some inspiration?
Just leave a message on my blog either way. Or email connie dot bontje at gmail dot com.

Thanks! I enjoy the blog!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home